Social Media campaigns are not campaigns without Twitter. Don’t underestimate it’s power. It’s the perfect place to share your content, engage with potential customers, brands, check out the competition and to simply “chat”. If you’re not exactly sure about what to tweet, here are 5 things you can’t go wrong with when posting on Twitter:
1) Your Latest Blog Posts blog posts are popular and well received on Twitter. This is a great way to gain exposure for your blog as well as new followers.
2) Courtesies Thank new followers and thank those who have retweeted or mentioned you.
3) Search your brand and respond to tweets that mention you. I recently tweeted to a follower about Beaches Resorts. My follower was looking for a family friendly all inclusive resort. Later on I had a tweet from Beaches thanking me for the mention and mentioning my follower saying they would be happy to have them as a future guest. Beaches and a few of their other brands are now among my followers.
4) Current Events Tweet about popular events that are taking place: sporting events, local events. This is a great way to join in on a conversation with someone you might not normally have interacted with.
5) Tips Sharing your expertise is always welcomed. Social media participants favor value. What’s in it for them? What can you share that can help other people?
Twitter doesn’t have to be complicated, don’t over think it. It’s a great platform for searching, sharing and building relationships. My best business contacts all started with Twitter. Join the fun. You’ll eventually begin to see the value and you’ll be so glad you did!